Hand-Knit + Luxuriously Cozy + Fair Trade + Vegan + Gives Back to Orphaned and Destitute Children in India
- The 3 H’s – Handmade in the Himalayas of India by Happy Ladies
- Fair Trade – Officially certified with the Fair Trade Federation. This means that our artisans are well cared for and our supply chain is held accountable
- Give Back – A portion of net profits help support local orphanages in India
- Vegan – A blend of 80% acrylic and 20% nylon means these are 100% Vegan
- No Itch – Our special blend maintains the warmth of a wool sock , but without the itch!
- Long Lasting – The durability of our yarn means these socks will outlast any adventure you take them on
- Velvety Soft and Warm – Perfect for curling up with a book or relaxing around a campfire
- Indigenous Designs – Indigenous to the local Himalayan people, these designs are passed from mother to daughter. To learn more read the origin story below
Find your In between sizes? Round down, as socks will stretch.
All prices are in USD.
Find out how to get
Knitting is a part of everyday life for expert artisans. Ladies have been seen doing so while walking a cow, balancing a bucket of water on their head or laughing with friends around cups of chai.
Originally hailing from above 10,000 feet (3,080 meters) above sea level in sky-high mountain villages, winters in the Himalayas are no joke (to this day!) Many moons ago, when the snows fell, travel became completely impossible and prevented people from leaving their villages (this still occurs). With abundant time, crackling fires and cold feet, the Himalayan people began using their knitting talents to create warm socks full of elaborate designs. As time moved on, knitting, as well as these designs, became a cultural mainstay in the homes of almost all Himalayan families. The patterns are passed down through the creation of socks and every Fazl products helps to preserve these designs for generations to come!
- The Aram Design – The Aram socks are dark blue with red, green, and light blue details. They contain the traditional Himalayan patterns of chhota gow (small pendant) and bumchack (x's) , which are patterns that have existed in this community for centuries
- Have you met our Aram (Comfort) sock yet? We call'em Blue Beauty. Unfortunately, a horse with a similar name came before them, but these socks are the ying to that horse's yang. As in, we designed them to be galloping nowhere but your couch! Curl up and let go.
Footnote: Our socks are hand-made by real people. For this reason, each pair may include subtle variations in colour and pattern details from those seen in our photos. The overall colour scheme and design will remain very similar.
About the Partner & Their Impact:
Our Impact Partner, Fazl Socks, makes your purchase of a pair of socks, hat, or bag go a long ways. All of Fazl Socks' goods are handmade by women in need of stable incomes. That's just the start though. They also dedicate 50% of the profits from your purchase to children's homes in India that care for vulnerable children. Last but not least, they use upcycled materials in some of their products. This means that waste materials are cleaned and reused to keep them out of landfills. Upcycling saves energy, reduces waste, and can produce really attractive and innovative goods.
Packaging Details: 100% Curbside Recycle
What does your switch to Fazl Socks products mean?
Your purchase of a pair of socks, hat, or bag from Fazl Socks goes a long ways. By making the Simple Switch to Fazl Socks, you are helping to provide meaningful work and fair wages to women in India who make their goods. All of Fazl Socks' goods are handmade by women in need of stable incomes.
That's just the start though. Fazl also dedicates 50% of the profits from your purchase to children's homes in India that care for vulnerable children. Last but not least, they use upcycled materials in some of their products. This means that waste materials are cleaned and reused to keep them out of landfills. Upcycling saves energy, reduces waste, and can produce really attractive and innovative goods.
Your Simple Switch to Fazl Socks is a switch for sustainability, a switch for opportunities for children, and a switch for fair wages. Check out their amazing products below!