Banana Leaf Nesting Tray Set
Banana leaf stacking trays are crafted from the locally-gathered leaves and stalks of banana trees. Artisans use a specially designed, handmade needle to thread dried banana leaves around the banana stalks.
We envision these trays as a beautiful and interesting way to serve your guests, be it bringing snacks and drinks to the family room, or laying out towels in the guestroom. The smallest tray fits US letter-size paper, and the medium tray is perfect for serving a 9″x13” baking pan- and keeping your dish warm! The three trays of the set nest inside one another for easy storage.
The Stacking Trays are made by artisans from the Abaharaniriterambere People Fighting for Development Cooperative, who meet on their local school grounds. We invite you to get to know them- they are featured over there to the left.
- Nesting trays are made from hand-gathered local banana leaves and stalks.
- Choose from a natural or patterned interior!
- Nesting trays are sold in sets of three.
- Tray handles vary.
- On average, nesting trays measure approximately: 16” x 12” x 3” (large), 14” x 10” x 2.5” (meduim), and 12.5” x 9” x 2” (small).
- The smallest tray is just the right size to hold sheets of letter-sized paper.
- The medium tray fits a 9″x13” baking pan- a beautiful presentation which also helps keep your dish warm.
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth. Our trays can get wet, but do not submerge. Dry in the sun.