Banana Panel Pop Up Bag
From the imagination of our co-founder and the ingenuity of Artisan Expert Eugenie, these Banana Panel Pop-Up Bags are among our favorites. The Pop Up magic happens when the bottom banana panel of the bag is pressed into the bottom fabric panel, converting the bag from flat to WOW! Dress it up or dress it down, this bag is a great way to make a statement. It’s lightweight, easy to store, and very unique!
Artisans use upcycled banana fibers to create woven panels, then add gitenge market fabric to create this bag. Your bag will arrive to you flat, but when you place the bottom banana panel, POP- the bag comes to life. The Banana Panel Pop-Up bag is very lightweight but sturdy. The combination of the natural banana leaf and colorful market fabric is fun and beautiful.
Our Board President loves to use her Pop Up Bag to carry her laptop to meetings. Or if you like to add style to your shopping, tuck the folded-up bag into your car and pop it up when it’s time to head into the store. We seriously love this bag.
- Artisans craft these bags using panels woven from banana leaves and gitenge fabric.
- Fabric patterns are limited edition.
- Pop Up Bags have a removable banana panel in the bottom which gives structure to the bag. When removed, the bags fold flat!
- Please note that, as a tote, the bag does not have pockets or a top closure.
- We’ve tucked a little bit of artisan information in each tote.
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth.