Boutique Bariku – Tea & Brights – Limited Edition
While the Bariku design is a staple of Azizi Life’s collection, the Boutique Collection featuring colorful brights are only here until they sell out! Imagine the medium woven bowl on your dining room table bringing a touch of spring or summer into your home. The small bowl is a beautiful way to hold jewelry or keys, or it may be filled with small treats and used as a gift basket. Each woven has a loop on the back for hanging- all five would make a fun collage for a home office, classroom or nursery.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the bowl, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Handcrafted Details
- Limited edition Boutique Collection designs are made in small batches and will not be remade.
- Boutique Collection products are inspired by colors and designs sold at the Azizi Life Boutique in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Our hand woven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Each woven bowl also has a loop on the back for hanging- the family set looks stunning when displayed on a wall.
- Each woven bowl comes with a tag containing a bit of information about the artisan group that made it.
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl and 5-7 days to weave a large tray.
- Dimensions: small bowl 7″ d; medium bowl 12″ d.
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth.